Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Played a Fender Hot-Rodded P Bass today!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Usul, Feb 16, 2001.

1. Hey!

I swung by my buddy`s place on a whim today.He plays/is learning to play guitar and has deep pockets.Anyways...to make a long story short(or thereabouts)When he found out I was learning to play bass he ended up buying one too! Must be nice,eh?...Got to play her today!An American Fender Hot-Rodded P Bass in natural wood w/tortise pickguard.I am used to my Ibanez(think neck and all)but this thing was WAY QUALITY....all the way through.String spacing seemed wider than I was used to but I think I could definately adapt to that....any comments on this bass?

I may be able to get a good deal on it in the near future..my buddy tends to impulse buy at times! lol

As always,I await your comments,feedback,insults,reprimands,whatever! ;)

Cheers
    Usul

2. the Qintar

the Qintar

Jul 24, 2000
    USA
    ive been thinking about buying one of those as well, but i havent had the chance to play one extensively. i like the pickups on them for some reason, i think that bass can get a sweet sound.

3. RETSAMPALS

RETSAMPALS

Sep 10, 2000
    lol i'm in the same position
    i have a p/j copy right now and i'm kinda hooked on that pickup combo but havn't got a good chance witha hot rod
    plus where i am they are 1500 US

4. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I've been discovering the charms of the ordinary, garden-variety Precision for a little over a year now. I have nothing against the HRP, but I haven't felt the need for the bridge pup yet. I'm not much of a slapper, though.

5. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Those P Hotrods seem to be nice, but IMO American Deluxe looked even better on paper. I haven't tried either tho, local small music store carries Fender and all they have only standard Js, and Ps if you're lucky.

6. THe bridge pup isnt only for slapping. I love the warm growl from it. I actually prefer either bridge only or neck only on my jazz, I rarely use both at 10.