1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Played a Fender Hot-Rodded P Bass today!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Usul, Feb 16, 2001.

1. Hey!

I swung by my buddy`s place on a whim today.He plays/is learning to play guitar and has deep pockets.Anyways...to make a long story short(or thereabouts)When he found out I was learning to play bass he ended up buying one too! Must be nice,eh?...Got to play her today!An American Fender Hot-Rodded P Bass in natural wood w/tortise pickguard.I am used to my Ibanez(think neck and all)but this thing was WAY QUALITY....all the way through.String spacing seemed wider than I was used to but I think I could definately adapt to that....any comments on this bass?

I may be able to get a good deal on it in the near future..my buddy tends to impulse buy at times! lol

As always,I await your comments,feedback,insults,reprimands,whatever! ;)

Cheers
    Usul

2. the Qintar

the Qintar

Jul 24, 2000
    USA
    ive been thinking about buying one of those as well, but i havent had the chance to play one extensively. i like the pickups on them for some reason, i think that bass can get a sweet sound.

3. RETSAMPALS

RETSAMPALS

Sep 10, 2000
    lol i'm in the same position
    i have a p/j copy right now and i'm kinda hooked on that pickup combo but havn't got a good chance witha hot rod
    plus where i am they are 1500 US

4. Flatwound

Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I've been discovering the charms of the ordinary, garden-variety Precision for a little over a year now. I have nothing against the HRP, but I haven't felt the need for the bridge pup yet. I'm not much of a slapper, though.

5. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Those P Hotrods seem to be nice, but IMO American Deluxe looked even better on paper. I haven't tried either tho, local small music store carries Fender and all they have only standard Js, and Ps if you're lucky.

6. THe bridge pup isnt only for slapping. I love the warm growl from it. I actually prefer either bridge only or neck only on my jazz, I rarely use both at 10.