Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Played a Hotwire fretless DG 6 last night....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Planet Boulder, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    ...and it was a thing of beauty!

A local store has a used one for sale for $1200.00, which seems like a good price to me. I've never played a bass without volume or tone knobs, but it didn;t prove to be too much of a big deal.

The neck was almost perfect for my tastes - wide as hell and thin, front-to-back. Perfect string spacing and smooth as hell to play.

If i have one complaint, it was the relative absence of mwah. This actually sort of put me off of wanting to get it but, overall, a very well constructed bass. Pic:

[​IMG]

2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Sweet Dann Glenn model!

3. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    weill, i think i would buy it. :D

4. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    Texas
    :rollno:

5. Of course that only makes me like it more. ;) Regardless of that, I dig everything about except for the "relative absence of mwah"- :confused: Isn't that what a fretless bass guitar is for?

6. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    If the lack of mwah is the only problem, I would buy it and have it fretted.

7. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    It's the only problem I had with it, at least from my playing and inspecting it. It appears to be in excellent condition.

If someone wants it, you can call Robb's Music in Boulder, Colorado.

Tell 'em the guy who routinely goes in and scoffs at the seemingly never rotating stock sent you. ;)