Played a Japanese Fender J Bass At BassNW

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by David Watts, Feb 14, 2003.

1. David Watts

David Watts

Aug 12, 2002
    I take bass lessons @ BassNW from an instructor named Steve Kim. Among the benefits of taking my lesson there is the fact that I can borrow a bass for my lesson. Since I play an MIA J bass, I grabbed this Japanese J and, I must say, it was every bit as good as my american made J.

The only difference was that the japanese loaner was much prettier than my black J. Pretty flame maple top.
  2. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Thats a pretty cool benifit.
    Have you ever tried grabbing maybe a Fodera or Roscoe or maybe a Ken Smith, Alembic, Brubaker, Spector, Lakland........

I got an idea, everytime you go in for a lesson, grab a different bass (something out of the ordinary) and you can double as our very own bass critic here on the board.
  3. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    Was it the natural foto-flame that they have on the website?
  4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The Japanese made Fenders are really nice. The Foto Flame is a very sought after bass. If I new that when they were avalible, I would of bought a bunch of them when Sam Ash was blowing then out. :(

Also, my favorite Fender bass if the Japanese Geddy Lee Jazz. The American factory should take some lessons from the Japanese factory. :cool: