1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Played a Lakland Joe Osborn Skyline 5 today

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gfab333, Dec 20, 2002.

1. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    A friend of mine received his JO Skyline 5 today, and I had the opportunity to play it for a few minutes. The bass sounded, played, and felt great. The workmanship and finish appeared to be par for the overseas Laklands, like the Skyline 55-01s and 55-02s. If you've tried these basses, you know that the workmanship and finish is very good for their price; I would venture to say superior to many other basses in the same price range.

The neck seemed to be slightly less chunky than the Skyline 55-XX series. However, it has enough width to satisfy most players IMHO; it's not too narrow at all. This neck is very easy to play through the entire scale. As you would expect, it truly has a Fender Jazz Bass vibe.

I have on one order with a J-Retro, and it should get here this weekend. I should be able to provide a more detailed review soon.

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I have a 5er with a J Retro coming too. It should be here on Monday.

3. pmkelly

pmkelly Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I have one that should arrive on monday as well, but mine is passive... looks like a few people will be enjoying JO5s for christmas!
    ;)

P@

4. Keef Green

Keef Green

Apr 6, 2001
    Spovegas Washington
    IT director for a music retailer/dealer: Warwick, Yamaha, Ampeg, Gretch, Kala, Marshall, Orange etc..
    I as well...