Played a little Guitar Hero

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Kroy, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Kroy

Jan 19, 2006
    For those who haven't seen this, it's a video game that kindof simulates playing a guitar (or bass). You have to play it with a special game controller that's shaped like a guitar and has fret buttons and a little switch 'where you pick' which simiulates strings and even has a little tremelo bar. Basically you have to pick a note and fret the right button (the game gives you the sequence) and do it in time with the music, which plays while you're doing all this.

Anyway, Best Buy had a demo version of it set up so I figured I'd try it out. I mean, theoretically, I should be pretty good at it right? I played "Thunderkiss '65" and got 92% accuracy (on easy), so I tried it on expert. That didn't go nearly as well.

Anybody else played or own this game?
  2. All my friends play it, but I've never indulged. I have a feeling I'd do about as well at it as I do at DDR (which is not well at all). Anyway, it seems a little dull to me. Not really my type of game.
  3. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Fun game...drummer friend has it for his kids and we ended up playing it the other day for couple of does require a little bit of technique but more importantly good hand/eye coordination.
  4. McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    It is a most excellent game. A friend's little brother got it for Christmas. We have promptly stolen it from him. We've already beaten the game on every difficulty setting. I wish I could play on my bass as fast as I can on the fake guitar. I use real guitar technique too, my friend uses the strum bar like he's playin his sax. Oh well, it works for him.
  5. Hey that one guy in the picture has a firebird! thas what i'm getting!
  6. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    our lead singer got it for christmas, we then proceded to play it for the rest of break. Considering we all play guitar you'd think it'd be easier, but it isn't. It's really frustrating.
  7. steve21

steve21 Banned

For anyone who's played it, the song "All of This" was written by a guy who works at my GC, awesome dude, Evan Brown. His band, Shaimus, wrote that song... they're totally awesome. I suggest you check 'em out (

I'm not with the band or anything, just friends and a fan. Check it out if you're interested.