1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Played a MIM Jazz Standard today ...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by paddydaddyo, Mar 30, 2009.

1. And it was a really nice bass! Maple fretboard version too ... The tone was right there, and the feel was great, with the satin finished neck. Red color looked awesome and overall, I was totally impressed. The shop had it priced at $629 w/ a gig bag, which seemed like a good price for such a solid instrument.

I ain't shoppin', mind you--I have that Active Jazz Deluxe arriving Wednesday AND the Space Bass nearly completed--but it never hurts to look!

Peace!

2. catty

catty

Mar 25, 2006
    Montana
    I scored a MIM Jazz today at the pawnshop (SB with rosewood fb, though)--they only went down to $320...apparently because the shop guy was smitten with the HSC...not the nice one, but a standard, unadorned black wooden box. Anyway, it appears to be a little older as it is pretty dirty. I am impressed with its sound and wonderful feel. I like it--my first jazz (I'm an upright player).

3. DaveF

DaveF

Dec 22, 2007
    New Westminster, BC
    Wow... $629. I'd rather get a Squier!

4. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    I bought one a few weeks ago and got it for the old price ... $459. Mine is the 'burst body with rosewood fretboard. I put some D'Addario Chromes (flats) on it, adjusted the action to my preference, and it's a VERY capable axe. Looks good, too, but I want to replace the pickguard with tortoise when I get around to it.

5. I've been waiting for the MIM maple fetboards to show up in stores. I wonder if GC has them in the stores yet?

6. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    Sounds just like me: In 2003 I bought a MIM Jazz that's sunburst with a rosewood fretboard. It cost about $450. I put Chromes on it and replaced the pickguard with a vintage Fender tortoise one. Funny coincidence.
    It's a fine instrument-- enjoy it!