played a schecter fretless today

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by learning_towalk, Aug 12, 2004.

1. needless to say I'm impressed! it felt better and had more "mwah" than the warwick hangin next to it...the EMG's on it were DEAD silent...I was very impressed....thinkin I'm startin to get more GAS ;)
  2.'s official, I have GAS for one of these!!!

3. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    what's up l_tw

Have you gotten that Cirrus 6 yet? Just curious about your initial impressions because I'm just about to close a deal on a Cirrus 5 bubinga.
  4. hey Matt,
    Humblerumble told me he has it all boxed up and I sent my payment 2 days ago via priority mail so he'll get it today or tommorrow...i'm hoping to have it by wednesday (VA isn't too far from TN so i'm hoping)

that's awesome, what made you choose the bubinga top?

have u played one of these schecters??? you really need to if you haven't....for the price it's the best sounding/feeling fretless i've ever played
  5. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    I went to the Cirrus website and browsed through the tops and that one really jumped out at me. My last bass had a flame maple top with a glossy finish and I wanted something different...something that wasnt figured and just looked good "plain".
  6. yah those are pretty "down to earth" lookin basses...I think that's one of the things I like about this schecter....very "earthy" lookin reminds me quite a bit of a Warwick....when is your Cirrus supposed to arrive?
  7. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    Well I just sent the payment, so i'm epecting it in the middle of next week. i can hardly wait :hyper:
  8. Niskamies

Jan 13, 2004
    I almost bought a Stiletto Studio 6. The first test was amazing, but I didn't like it so much the next time. The sound didn't have any personality. Insted I'm buying a Sadowsky 5er:)
  9. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Bit of a price difference between a Sad and a Schecter ;).

I LOVED the Stilleto Studio 4 I played. Is the board rosewood? It'd be awesome to own a fretless Studio 4, but I'm definitely going ebony on my next fretless.