1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Played a Tobias Killer Bee today

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lbanks, Sep 20, 2008.

1. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    At Sweetwater. I was impressed by the lightness, satisfied by the sound, ok with the playability, but I not sure if it worth $2000. But I wouldn't pay what they were asking for any of the basses they had on the wall. Sweetwater wasn't jacking up the prices; they had decent discounts on everything. The stuff was just over priced. I don't care who the bass was named after; A Jazz bass shouldn't cost that much. IMO, YMMV, TAOPPOW.
    :spit:

However, the SWR Black Beauty I played thru kicked much butt.

2. Mo' Bass 00

Mo' Bass 00

Aug 15, 2006

I played one locally also, loved it but it's way outta my budget!

SWR amps are awesome, I just received my Working Pro 700 and Working Pro 4x10 a couple of weeks ago, man it "Rocks"!:D

3. Turock

Turock

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Did it buzz?

4. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    Uhh...

:D

5. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Had a '92 5 string that was excellent. It did buzz a tiny bit, but that was because I had the action down super low.

Never once stung me though.

6. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I used to own a WorkingPro 700. Great amp!

7. Did you notice that a Smith, Cirrus and Killer Bee all sound similar?

Nice bass! Good shape and very comfy.

8. Flintc

Flintc

Aug 15, 2006
    Alabama
    I also play a Killer B through SWR cabs (Carvin amp), and I'm never disappointed or get tired of it. Yeah, it's kinda expensive. Resale on Killer Bs sucks. But who would want to sell?

9. get an MTD Heir for a fraction of the price

10. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Its kinda strange. Since a bad, embarrassing and extremely hilarious incident I had with a Workingman Pro combo (No, I not telling! Just suffice to say it had nothing to do with sound.)[​IMG], I've kinda overlooked SWR's. I didn't pick it up to check weight and I don't need a combo, but I might consider a cab from them.

11. I have one! Got it used for ~$1600. I love it.