Played an Ibanez SR900 Today...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by [ NG:E ] Asuka, Apr 8, 2005.

1. [ NG:E ] Asuka

[ NG:E ] Asuka

Apr 8, 2005
    WOW, I was impressed. The quality, feel, Tone and sustain were top notch. I really enjoyed playing it, I played for around an hour or less, it's GREAT for slapping, It is the MOST comfortable bass I have ever slapped.

4 String
    34" scale
    24 fret
    5 piece Bubinga/walnut neck
    Alder body (? I think ?)
    MK-1 Pups
    Mk-1 3 band
    String through body

Right out of the box the action was great, a little more tweaking and it would be perfect...

Of course this doesnt compare to an F, Nordy, or whatever botique bass you can think of, but for around $700 I like it MUCH more than my 55-02.

Im concidering selling my 55-02 for one, or maybe just trading right out...

Yeah, for most people here this would be a phenominal back up bass, or a great "Beater Bass". Anyways, I was pleasantly suprised that I even picked it up, and when I heard and felt it.... I think im hooked :help:
  2. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I agree with you.
    I had the chance to play that bass last month.
    Decided to give it a try as they didn´t let me touch the Bongo ("you cand play it, only if you´re gonna buy it", can you believe it?)

Anyway, I left really impressed with the SR900. Tone, playability, ergonomics (countoured body alla Spector), and electronics. One of the best Ibanez I´ve played so far (even better than my BTB 405QM)