Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Played an Ibanez SR900 Today...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by [ NG:E ] Asuka, Apr 8, 2005.

1. [ NG:E ] Asuka

[ NG:E ] Asuka

Apr 8, 2005
    WOW, I was impressed. The quality, feel, Tone and sustain were top notch. I really enjoyed playing it, I played for around an hour or less, it's GREAT for slapping, It is the MOST comfortable bass I have ever slapped.

4 String
    34" scale
    24 fret
    5 piece Bubinga/walnut neck
    Alder body (? I think ?)
    MK-1 Pups
    Mk-1 3 band
    String through body

Right out of the box the action was great, a little more tweaking and it would be perfect...

Of course this doesnt compare to an F, Nordy, or whatever botique bass you can think of, but for around $700 I like it MUCH more than my 55-02.

Im concidering selling my 55-02 for one, or maybe just trading right out...

Yeah, for most people here this would be a phenominal back up bass, or a great "Beater Bass". Anyways, I was pleasantly suprised that I even picked it up, and when I heard and felt it.... I think im hooked :help:

2. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I agree with you.
    I had the chance to play that bass last month.
    Decided to give it a try as they didn´t let me touch the Bongo ("you cand play it, only if you´re gonna buy it", can you believe it?)

Anyway, I left really impressed with the SR900. Tone, playability, ergonomics (countoured body alla Spector), and electronics. One of the best Ibanez I´ve played so far (even better than my BTB 405QM)