Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

played dave myrons bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by turkish, Mar 23, 2003.

1. turkish

turkish Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    FCCAUSA, or here
    i was at the local GC and saw a tow used carvins for sale with dave myrons name on the truss rod cover, the salespeopel there informed me that he was the bassist of santana and just sold these two since he suposseedly has 60+ basses

the 5 string fretted was ok, nothing special

the 5 string fretless was fantastic, it was set up so perfectly i was truly amazed, it had wha ti tohuhgt to be the duncan fretless fundamentals preamp, i wasn't sure so i had the salesman open i tup for me, i didn't see anything that said duncan but interestling enough the main circuit board part of the preamp was velcroed to the side of the well shielded control cavity

i also informed some guy i met tere of j retro, he was saying that he had a lull and a zon and was going to be in a jazz group and he wasnted a jazz to use as his workhorse, he was playing the MM signature and said it sounded to bright, i told him about the j retro and he said he'd check it out

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    are you sure you dont mean Myron Dove?

3. turkish

turkish Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    FCCAUSA, or here
    i think thats it