played my first Warwick Rockbass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Apr 20, 2002.

1. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    was a corvette 4 string in sunburst. it was set up quite well, and the neck felt pretty nice. (i haven't played alot of warwick 4 strings, and i think i prefer a jazz bass profile on a 4 string, but this neck had the same profile as the other warwick 4's i've played)

construction seemed good too, the frets were well finished, body looked nice, joints were tight, etc. only thing i didn't like was that the pots seemed REALLY cheap (hardly had any center detent and were floppy) super LIGHT and small body was very surprising.

sounded pretty close to a warwick too! had a great slap tone and some decent growl for fingerstyle. probably compare it to what a MIM active jazz sounds like, with a teeny bit more warwicky-growl to it.

so in closing, i think it's a very good bass for the price. better than the fenders and ibanezes in that price range (the exception being the fender jazz bass - i like the neck on that better than the rockbass, but i like the tone of the rockbass more). i wish they'd make a fretless.
  2. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Do you know where these's are made? Hey Warick5S check out my post "New Toy On It's Way" I think you'll like it!:D