Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Played the Aguilar Ag500 and saw 400watt tube Peavey

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 7thbass, Mar 22, 2005.

1. 7thbass

7thbass

Nov 21, 2003
    Houston, Tx
    Had a chance to play the Ag500 at Rockin Robin in Houston, Texas. Great sounding amp!

The drive was full, got a great jack bruce tone. Lot of tone shaping. Very authoritative amp. Have the sense it will cut through just fine.

Played through an Aguilar 4X10 with a Fender Jazz fretless neck/Warmoth body passive bass that played and sounded great.

Also saw the 400 watt peavey tube head. That thing is bigger than my house. I don't know how much it weighs, but I slipped a disk looking at the damn thing.

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Speddling has one and he loves it. It's close to 100lbs, I believe.

3. sweet, a little weight training AND you get your gear to the stage! Ingenious! My what will they think of next? :p

4. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    98 or so pounds I think, he bought it from me, not the sort of thing you'd want to tote around by yourself. Just about the size of some 2X10 cabs. Recently I saw one at a Guitar Center hooked up to a Crate guitar cabinet. Heh. I shouldn't have told them. It was on "Manager's Special" for $500, had them hook it up to a bass cab to try it out but it had issues. Two weeks later it was no longer "Manager's Special" and was $700. Guess they figured if one guy looked at it they should try to get more for it.

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    [​IMG]

Like Taranaich, Zeus, Thor, Baal-Hadad and the rest of the "Thunder" Gods got together and formed a Funk Band!
    :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

as far as moving it.... Sean and Kyle both know, relative to the bassist the bass rig is a light-weight :rolleyes: (I did start lifting again to be able to move it easier)