Played the Aguilar Ag500 and saw 400watt tube Peavey

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 7thbass, Mar 22, 2005.

1. 7thbass

Nov 21, 2003
    Houston, Tx
    Had a chance to play the Ag500 at Rockin Robin in Houston, Texas. Great sounding amp!

The drive was full, got a great jack bruce tone. Lot of tone shaping. Very authoritative amp. Have the sense it will cut through just fine.

Played through an Aguilar 4X10 with a Fender Jazz fretless neck/Warmoth body passive bass that played and sounded great.

Also saw the 400 watt peavey tube head. That thing is bigger than my house. I don't know how much it weighs, but I slipped a disk looking at the damn thing.
  2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Speddling has one and he loves it. It's close to 100lbs, I believe.
  3. sweet, a little weight training AND you get your gear to the stage! Ingenious! My what will they think of next? :p
  4. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    98 or so pounds I think, he bought it from me, not the sort of thing you'd want to tote around by yourself. Just about the size of some 2X10 cabs. Recently I saw one at a Guitar Center hooked up to a Crate guitar cabinet. Heh. I shouldn't have told them. It was on "Manager's Special" for $500, had them hook it up to a bass cab to try it out but it had issues. Two weeks later it was no longer "Manager's Special" and was $700. Guess they figured if one guy looked at it they should try to get more for it.
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

Like Taranaich, Zeus, Thor, Baal-Hadad and the rest of the "Thunder" Gods got together and formed a Funk Band!
    :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

as far as moving it.... Sean and Kyle both know, relative to the bassist the bass rig is a light-weight :rolleyes: (I did start lifting again to be able to move it easier)