1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Played THREE 2 hour+ long gigs tonight

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by jmattbassplaya, Mar 3, 2013.

1. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Needless to say, I'm worn out and am going to bed, but d*** do I love music :)

2. Dayumn. I look at my schedule and see a double header with single sets and go "crap". 6 hours plus 3 load-ins? Good grief.

3. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Oh, puh-lease. What are you, like 16? You should be able to do SIX two hour gigs seven days a week, still work a full time job shoveling coal, and study for finals at med school and law school, and make love with seven waitresses in a hot tub.

You never get that energy level back.

I'm almost fifty, and I'm already down to six waitresses.

4. Joebarnes

Joebarnes

Oct 4, 2011
    Surrey, BC
    Oh good, a math problem. Let's see... two hands, two feet, one mouth, one d and umm.... :eek:

5. yeah. No sympathy here. I've done more than a few doubles or triples on Broadway in Nashville.

One "set" is 4 hours, no breaks. You have to set up, play, tear down and then move to another club on the street. A "triple" is 3 of these with barely a break in between to eat and go to the john. And usually different players every time.

6. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Ha, thanks guys :D It was a new thing for me. I've done several days where I had two 4+ hour gigs, but those were relatively much more mellow cover gigs and not original gigs.

That Broadway stuff sounds intense, but on the flip side I'm not sure how much you were actively jumping around stage :p I know several people were taking photos and videos, so I'll be sure to post some of those soon if I can!