1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Played with a new band today...!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Fassa Albrecht, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Whilst in the process of trying to start a band up again, I was invited to join this band who needed a bassist.

So I went to the band's practice today for a bit of a play, but mostly to hear their stuff (I was given demos but they were poor quality).

Anyway, it seemed to really pull together well. I got the hang of the songs pretty quickly, even without the lead guitarist (who arrived late). Got some really sweet sounding basslines under my belt and some more under progress.

So hopefully I might actually be able to get some proper playing done now, instead of wasting time.

2. Good luck!

3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Congrats. Did you play naked?

4. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    So are these guys gonna be able to satisfy your musical itch, or are you still looking to form your own band?
    Would be sweet if these guys were everything you were hoping for in a band you would form yourself! (if that even makes sense!)

5. Looks like I'm sticking with this band. OK, it's not exactly what I'd do in a band I'd set up myself, but they're into the same stuff as I am, and the actual songs they've written are fun.

Plus they seem interested in gigs and actually being a proper band.

6. I must have missed something.

7. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Sweet!

8. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    You didnt get sick on anyones instruments did you?

Sweet deal!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2020