Player aid.....

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Ben Green, Aug 7, 2001.

1. Ben Green

Ben Green

Jan 11, 2001
    Hi folks, I've been playing bass for around 8 mths or so, now, and I'm at the stage, according to my tutor (who is probably rright), that I need someone to jam with. Does anyone out there in the UK, especially London area, know of any 6-string players who are in a similar position... I'm not looking for Eric Clapton, just someone at a similar level really. I'd prefer a girl/lady, but no absolutre preference...
  2. fisk

Jan 3, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm in almost the same situation as you. I'm at my 8 month mark also and about 2 months ago I also decided I needed to get out of my spare bedroom and start jammin' with humans instead of a cd-player. Here's what I did. I found a musicians website based in my city. Find one that has "musicians available" and "looking for musicians" or something similar. Then I posted an ad that started out something like "Amature bass player looking for guys to jam with for fun". And I explained that I was a beginner still taking lessons and not ready to play out yet. I received 4 replies on the first day.

One of the people who responded plays on friday nights with a few other guys. Its been two months and i'm still playing with them. They knew my talent level going in and it hasnt been a problem. I learn more songs and get better every week. Two of the three guitarist also have bass experience, so they have helped me alot as were working on songs. All we need now is a drummer, and work out a few more songs and were ready to play out.

If you cant find online forums or bulliten boards, then try boards at local music shops.

Hope this helps.