1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

player out in VA

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by dtdeedge, Jan 3, 2017.

1. dtdeedge

dtdeedge

Feb 9, 2014
    I've been ghosting this site for a while, reading up on some things that you all have been discussing. I figured I should jump in and introduce myself. I'd like to become a more active participant.

I've been a casual electric bass addict for a few years. I started out with a Fender Jazz many years back, and progressed through some stages. I had a Dean 5 string acoustic/electric, and traded it for a fretless Dean edge about 2 years ago. I do love this fretless. I think my intonation is off, but I'll get to that some day.

I just recently splurged and got myself an Engelhardt Swingmaster upright. Wow, talk about love. That thing is loud and proud. I haven't started arco yet - I just picked up a german bow from a friend, and I'm trying to teach myself how to make that baby sing without breaking any tendons in my left hand.

Anyways. I hope to learn enough to actually provide some useful feedback to someone on this site, the way that I've been helped by you all here.

Thanks for having me,

Dave

2. jthisdell

jthisdell Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Roanoke, VA
    Welcome, where in VA? I am in SW Roanoke.

3. Welcome.