Players in educational settings

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Craig Orndorff, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Craig Orndorff

Craig Orndorff Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2021
    Anybody here a teacher who gets to share their passion with their students? I teach at a special day school, and we are starting a music program. Just got to play on a cover of The Lazy Song to introduce the kids to it. We have a lot of trauma cases, so I think this could be a great thing for them (if we stick to songs with appropriate lyrics).

foal30 likes this.
  2. Picton

Picton

Aug 16, 2017
    Reading, MA
    I teach at a high school. There used to be an annual talent show, and a few years back I figured I'd recruit a faculty band to play the closing number. We find a couple of occasions every year when we get up there and let loose, though it took years before we found a good singer and we're still very sketchy on drums. Our guitarist is first-rate, though.

The kids love it. They like that their classroom teachers are real people, with hobbies and skills and interests. It's the same when teachers do anything outside the classroom, really; we've a bio teacher who takes a group skiing every year, an English teacher who goes rock-climbing... it's all good.

Craig Orndorff likes this.
  3. foal30

foal30

Dec 3, 2007
    New Zealand
    Good on you.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021