Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Playing a gig for Nashville Star

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by fivestringdan, Apr 8, 2005.

1. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    I have a gig next week with a contestant of Nashville Star. It's a "hometown" type of gig. Tickets went on sale today and sold out a 1000 set auditorium in under 30 minutes. It should be a Rockin' gig with that many people wanting to see it!! The film crew from the show will be there as well. It's a good thing I'm just the bass player, don't have a TV face.;D

Anyone seen that show? At least there is a live band playing.

2. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    That's killer. It's a pretty rockin' show and there has been some talent. My singer always watches it and I have caught it a few times. The crowd gets into it and the host is hot.

Enjoy!

3. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    That's awesome!

How do you learn tunes for a gig like that? Do you get together and rehearse or just play off of lead sheets?

4. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR

Yeah it should be fun!! Jody sent me a CD of tunes to learn. We are rehearsing Wed. night and the gig is Thursday!! :eek: Plus the camera crew is going to be with him the whole time including rehearsal. They better keep quite.

We are not performing in Nashville, it's a concert in his home town of Arkadelphia, Ar.