Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Playing a guitar threw a bass pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by alx564, Jan 28, 2001.

1. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    Hi Everyone,

I was recently looking for a cheap multi-effecs pedal. I found a DOD Bass 30 Processor on eBay for pretty cheap. Me and my brother are going to split the cost. My bro. plays guitar and I was wondering if he would be able to play threw it too. Would this cause any problems? I am pretty sure it wouldn't but I just wanted to check with the experts.

If it could be done with a guitar threw a bass pedal could it be done the other way around.

And finally. Does anyone have opinions on the DOD Bass 30.

Thanks for the help.

2. W.J.

W.J.

Oct 31, 2000
    If you play with a bass trough a guitar effect it WILL give you a cut of the low frequenties , so stick with bass pedals
    the other way ? I don't know, but if you compaire a guitar
    and a bass equalizer pedal => the basspedal has an bigger range so it might be possible . it's not the ideal way I guess .

3. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    Boss says of their GEB-7 Bass Equalizer that it can be used advantageously for acoustic guitar due to it's wide range of frequencies.

4. nekro

nekro

Jan 23, 2001
    Right on :)

I have a Zoom 506 Bass Effects pedal and my mate uses his amplified acoustic (Guitar) through it. It works fine! Aside from the low end frequency's being more tracable, it still sounds mint.

5. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    So you can do a guitar threw a bass pedal with no problems but you shouldn't do it the other way around.

Thanks for all the help

6. I run my bass through a Rat distortion box for guitar and a Boss Delay and they're fine. I also run my guitar through my Boss Bass Chorus and it's fine too. It takes some tweaking but do whatever works, whatever sounds good!