1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Playing a vintage SVT on Friday...

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by lildrgn, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Geddy Lee Jazz

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. ATK300

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. lildrgn

lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Which bass do I use?

I've never played through an SVT before. One of the bands has one from the 70s and is kind enough to let all the bands play through it. I think I will do that to save the sound guy some work and to be able to leave my gear at home.

So, I have a GL Jazz and an Ibanez ATK300. Most recently I've been playing the ATK quite a bit. But I'm wondering how fabulous the GL would sound through the SVT.

Also, I usually run a compressor, a Fulltone Bass Drive and a SABDDI, in that order. As the amp will have its own ability to be overdriven, would I need any of my pedals?

PS: if you're in Seattle, I'll be playing the Tractor this Friday night.

2. I said ATK since that's what you said you've been playing the most lately, but take both with you.

3. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'd say go ahead and bring your pedals. Always expect complications, and it's never bad to have a back up.

Plus, his overdrive may not be similar.... so instead of sitting down and figuring it out during a gig, just stomp on yours ;-D

4. lildrgn

lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    I'll have my pedals, but, good point.

And, nice avatar.:eek: