1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Playing an SVT CL through an Ampeg 810E w/ an Ampeg 410HLF?????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mulder7, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Mulder7

Mulder7

May 4, 2017
    Has anyone ever played an SVT CL through both an 810e and a 410HLF at the same time? I've never seen this combo before, but I imagine it would sound decent. You would get the tight sound of the 810e with the super lows of the 410HLF.

2. Mulder7

Mulder7

May 4, 2017
    Anyone ever try this?

3. High Camp

High Camp

Oct 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    It would be an interesting experiment.
    However, I won't be gigging Madison Square Garden in the near future and haven't before, so I can't help you there.

You know, wouldn't it be funny if a 810e and 410hlf would sound exactly the same and be as loud as two 610 cabs?

Mulder7 likes this.
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    It would be funny, yes, but it won't sound the same. The 610 sounds a lot closer to the 810e, so two of them would sound like more like an 810e and 410he.

The only person I've seen do it was Justin Meldal-Johnsen back in the 90's when he was playing with a band called Ima Robot.

aop7id-.

But he used a couple SVT 4 Pros, which IMHO makes mixing cabs much easier to use two amps because you can EQ each cab to sound its best separately. Might not be the most fun thing in the world to load two SVT tube amps, though.

DEMS854, Mulder7 and High Camp like this.