Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Playing at Disneyland

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by caesarbass, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Moderators: If this is an inappropriate thread, please remove.
    I'm going to be playing the next few weekends at the happiest place on earth, Disneyland in California, with a band called "Brooke and the Boys." We'll be there on weekends, during the day, from April 9 through June 5, and we're going to be playing their big 50th anniversary on 5/05/05!!!! We'll be on the Tomorrowland Terrace Stage (Club Buzz), the stage that comes out of the ground. I'd love to meet some fellow TB'ers, and I'd love some feedback on the bands sound!!!! There is a weblink on my profile for the band "Diva Trip" and you can find specific dates there. :bassist: :bassist:

2. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Thats awesome the stage you are playing on sounds cool! Wjhat kind of band are you guys?

3. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brooke and the Boys, huh?? I s'pose I'd be getting my hopes up if it was Brooke Burke fronting the band, wouldn't I. :rollno:

Oh well, have a good time and show 'em how it's done!

4. We are a cover band, you know, all the favorites....actually the fun is watching the kids get into the music.

5. Brooke Burke and the Boys...that would be cool!!! I'd go see that. :D It's actually a different Brooke, she's a better singer than that Brooke Burke!!!! :)

6. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    yeah....figured as much...makes for a good afternoon daydream, though.

Anyway, go kick it @ Disney...Play on, Playa! :bassist:

7. Ever heard of Off Kilter? They play in the Epcot centre.

8. I'm not familiar with them. We're in D-land, CA. Epcot would be a pretty cool gig though!!!!

9. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I play there a couple months in the late 90's. It's fun, you'll dig it. I wish the stage came up faster, it would be really cool.

10. What band did you play with? I've beed playing on and off there since about 1995, with a bunch of different bands. It would be cool if the stage went faster...maybe Space Mountain speed!!!!

11. Isn't Epcot at the Orlando park? Or do they have an Epcot Center at both locations?

12. jade

jade

Mar 8, 2002
    YYC

Whoa, Tomorrow land? That wasnt even built the last time I was there. That gig sounds like a blast. If I could go to disneyland around that time, I would. Hey, my friend's going at the end of April, I'll get her to check you out. Post some pictures! :)

13. Jade-the gig is really fun, I just got home from our first of 9 weekend dates. Tell your friend to come up and say "HI." By the way, they are really trying to update Tomorrowland so that it really looks like Tomorrowland again by todays standards. I'll post pics as soon as I get some!!!

14. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Not sure if this is on topic but I just went to Disneyland a couple weeks back (okay fine, "California Adventures") and there was a band playing on a stage that was being dragged by a Woody station wagon-mobile-car-thing. They were kickin' out the surf jams. The bassist was pretty good.

Playing on a moving stage! That sounds awesome! Music video sty-lee!

Good luck with the Diznee-gig. That 05/05/05 thing should be fun!

-T

15. We used to do that gig too!!! Before it went all Surf, it was pretty much T-40, and you're correct, playing on a rolling stage is really cool, but way too many sudden stops because of people walking in front of a moving car, I have a couple of scars from the gig.

16. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    My school's marching band is making a trip between those dates! On a saturday! I'll totally watch you guys...