Playing at school, guitarist suck...

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Suckbird, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden at the music lessons at school we're now going to get divided into a few groups and then perform songs on a instrument...
    my group is going to play play country roads(take me home) and i'm going to play my own bassline to it but here comes the problem:

The guitarist is just going to play chords on a acoustic guitar but he
    keep forget what the chords is even while he's looking at the paper and change to another chord in right time and so on... the song isn't hard but it's just not working, so what should i do?

We're not able to play this song because of him and i cant raise my grade...
  2. What can ya do? Just encourage him, try to help him out, and/or ask the teacher for some help.
  3. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Yeah i try but everytime we practice and it goes wrong he just say "this sucks" and then he doesn't care more 'bout it..
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Then explain the situation to your teacher.

Or bass solo.
  5. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Yea thats to bad that the guitarists suck that is a real easy song to I know how to play it on acoustic Its like A , F#m7 , E , D I think :meh:
  6. maverick

Mar 8, 2005
    London England
    it's an easy tune, we use to do it in one of my old bands. could always improvise a fantastic bass line other than that shoot the guitarist!