Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Playing bass during lunch breaks

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jive1, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    61.9%
  1. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Who plays bass during their lunch break at work?

Once in a while, on a slow day, I'll go home during lunch and jam out on one of my Laklands. Since I live pretty close to work, it's easy to do.

Anyone else?

2. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    I work at home, so it's a very short trip from my desk to my bass in the adjoining room! :bassist:

3. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    I live 25 miles from my office, and since I don't punch a clock, finishing work sooner means going home sooner. Rather than cart my bass around every day, I just get home a little sooner and play there. That way I can play through my amp, which is always more fun.

4. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Straight from work to gig
    On days like this I bring bass
    Noodle and munch down

:)

5. thewanderer24

thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    I am a flat out bad employee. I take 2 hour lunches so I have time to play for an hour and a half at lunch. I try to do this almost every work day. It's totally part of my routine, and is the most focused practice time I have.

6. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

I've got an office with a door and keep a bass, a headphone amp and tuner here and do the majority of my practicing here. I connect up to the computer where I've got the band's setlist as mp3s and I'm ready to work things out. I'm even working on getting my PC recording setup portable enough that I can work on writing tunes as well.

When I'm at home I like to spend time with my family, so using lunch hour for practice is a great break that lets me play almost every day.

7. Lowner

Lowner

May 14, 2005
    Over Here
    I'm lucky I have time to eat and use the restroom and then back to work. Thats all I can do in a half hour.

8. I did that this past Friday. It's funny, I didn't think anyone else did stuff like that.

Living 5 minutes away from where I work = :bassist:

:D