Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

playing bass gets chicks

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by cosbassmaster, Aug 13, 2001.

1. cosbassmaster

cosbassmaster

Jul 11, 2001
    I definately think being in a band helps you get chicks. I played a Battle of the Bands gig at my school once. Not only were the so many chicks yelling your name but the very next day I had so many people come up and talk to me many of which had never really talked to me before. Most of those people were girls.

2. ive always been curious about that, my theory is that when you can play an instrument, in the eyes of a female, you instantly become, non threatening, sensitive and creative. that must be what turns females on. --that or money, take your pick.

3. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I´m not sure that fits Icelandic girls. Most of the time I feel like they´re afraid of me!:eek:
    Maybe that´s because I carry my leather whip wherever I go, but still..

4. most chicks dig leather whips, just ask em'

5. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
  6. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    No musicians seem to think it takes an incredible amount of courage to do your thing on stage. They are attracted to this. Doesn't hurt if you look like Brad Pitt either.

7. hey nerve, i saw your website. i dont think brad pitt needs to worry anytime soon. i think chicks get all wet when they see you holding that long neck in your hands

8. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I think I've just been insulted. But I'm not sure.

9. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas

ROFLMFAO!!!

10. Dallins_gurl

Dallins_gurl

Jun 11, 2001
    Utah USA
    coming from a girl I think playing any instrument makes you sexy! I mean i play the bass and i get guys too. Its the instrument babes! Bass players are pretty much awesome people, though!

11. Whenever I play local gigs I get people talking to me that I never talked to in 5 years of high school, and the funny thing is that many of them didn't talk to me becuase they complained about music I listened to (year 12 art kicked ass:D )
    And I really like girls who play too, that is a very good thing:D
    Not one girl at my school played anything:( .
    lol nerve, I'm not sure if you've been insulted either. It's ok though, give it a year and you'll see brad pitt playing really dodgy bass intros in his movies:D

12. whoops, I put a sad face on the top of my message, just pretend it's not there:D

13. LowfreqB

LowfreqB

Nov 10, 2000
    United States
    I got my wife to first go out with me by playing the bass. It wasnt hard to do, she loved disco. :p

14. Yeah. On the first night of The Whereabouts of Wally Dudes as the curtains were closing I heard a girl shout my name! :D

Of course, it was just a friend who had wanted to watch the show but couldn't get a ticket. She ended up buying it off someone else who couldn't make it that night. :D

15. downward spiral

downward spiral

Jul 20, 2001
    like I said in the other thread, being a girl and playing an instruemtn, especially the bass as opposed to the guitar makes you instanly more ****able in the eyes of a lot of guys...

maybe cause the bass is percived as very masculine and playing it makes you more hardcore... or cause its a phallic symbol, lol, it seems to turn guys on.

16. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Here in Japan Brad Pitt did a series of commercials for Edwin jeans, and in one of em he's playing a guitar and singing. But if you look closely at his fretting hand you can tell it's been redone with CG.

17. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Hey a similar thing happened to me! Not as cool though.. I was playing at a singing contest at my school and few guys:)() said my name, they didn´t shout but I think it was just because they were surprised to see me play bass..

18. I was playing at a school concert the other week and the chicks loved it especially if youre playing a banging funky bass line - I was playin Chamelion by Herbie Hancock pure brilliance! I got the chicks going crazy most of em never talk to me it was great! I dunno if it was me or the bass or a mixture of the two!:D :cool:

19. I got flashed once at a gig but got a full erection onstage, The most embarassing moment in my life very bass lifting experience though.

20. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    I dunno... how could girls resist?
    [​IMG]