playing certain time of the day?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Tomass, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Tomass

Nov 1, 2005
    Does any other players here find that they play better at a certain time of the day, for me i play really well at 11pm. Its summer here in Australia at the moment so it really is to hot to be playing, but any way anyone else like this?
  2. Uurgh, the morning is really not my time of day. Evening is when I'm playing my best I think.
  3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I think I play best in the early evening....I've had time to get my stuff together by then!
  4. usually after lunch (around 1pm or so) and then again around 10 or 11pm
  5. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Between 5pm and 12am I guess.
  6. I tend to play my best either as early as possible so my concentration will be fresh, or as late as possible so I'll be relaxed and mentally receptive to the sort of surprising creativity you get when you're tired.
  7. ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    I practice a couple of hours in the morning after coffee and a couple of hours in the afternoon on weekends and days off. Evenings are for gigs or the wife (sometimes it's both!).

I play fretless in the morning working mostly on intonation, scales, jazz and classical + free form

Fretted in the afternoon. Rock, funk, writing and goofing.

I sched about 1 and 1/4 hours each session, but usually can't get out in less that 2.
  8. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    I play my best usually at 5pm-11pm, usually because im more alert.
  9. Tomass

Nov 1, 2005
    lol @ wikipedia. But yer i find my self really relaxed at night and plus my crap amp sounds really nice when the volume is right down
  10. Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Really early in the morning - 5:00-6:00am
  11. whenever no ones around im at my best