Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Playing Guitar through a bass rig?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tophe07, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Tophe07

Tophe07

Feb 26, 2005
    Is there anything wrong with doing this? I ask because my guitar player wanted to try playing through my new Epifani 310 cab/Eden head. Is there anything wrong with hooking up a line 6 pod and running it into my set up?

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I've gigged regular with my old AMP BH-260 / Bag End rig with a couple vintage guitars and a Boss ME-3 (I think that was the multi effect unit).

I currently run my strat through the rig pictured in the link in my sig (no effects though).

3. If you try to play a guitar through a bass rig, no sound will come out.

OK, I'm kidding. You won't hurt anything by doing this, in fact, you may be surprised by how good it sounds.

4. Warwick player

Warwick player

Dec 31, 2002
    Bucks, UK
    Its just the other way round where you play a bass through a guitar amp where you may cause damage (well at high levels! ;) ).

5. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I did it for years without any problems. It should be ok.

6. I'll never forget the day my guitar player plugged into my SVT. He about sh*t himself it was that good.

7. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
  8. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    it will work fine as stated. one thing you might want to try is using a cab simulator. (i think the pod has one built in) that will take the full range nature of your epi into account and give you more of a guitar friendly response. it worked wonders with my yamaha dg1000. try it both ways and see.

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Any instrument run through an Eden and then into an Epifani is going to sound great.

-Mike

10. deftim69

deftim69

Jun 11, 2003
    On my weekend gig I play guitar in a thrash/death metal band. I love playing through my bass rig cause I get some major lows and chunk from it.