playing in bands

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Duff_McKagan16, Feb 18, 2002.

1. how many of you plays in a bands. When did you started?
  2. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    this should be in miscellanious
  3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I have been in several bands and I've also been in several different incarnations (is that the right word?) of the same band. I've been playing bass for seven-plus years, about 5 of them were in a band.

I am putting something else together and working on my original ideas. I don't feel "right" if I'm not in a band situation.
  4. I've been in bands my whole playing carrer (yea only 3 years, but anyway). The first band I ended up joining 1 week after I started playing bass, it was a Blink 182 cover, so lines weren't that hard and I picked it up quickly. I've been in a lot of different bands since then ranging from Hard Rock to Acoustic Trios. Right now I play in a moderate rock type band and I like it, we play harder stuff and softer stuff both.
  5. beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I think I had been playing for about a year before I was in a real band, I'd just get together with friends and jam though after about a month... we all sucked, so it didn't really matter. :D

Now I play in 4 bands.

Funk/Soul/Rhythm & Blues

Original Rock

A 3-piece prog metal band that does half covers and half original stuff. We do some WAAAY diverse cover tunes, everything from "Take Five" (Brubeck) to "Master of Puppets" (Metallica) to "Land of Confusion" (Genesis). We're skewed.

A 4 piece fusion band with a rotating 5th spot for a horn player if we feel like having one sit in.
  6. the band i am currently playing in has been together for 2yrs ,we are a blues band and we played 75 gigs last year ,we have one CD recorded and are going into the studio march 29-30 to start recording #2,our guitar player has been featured in guitar world magazine as well as guitar mag.we are a three piece band what you hear on our cd is what you will hear live, we are not in search of a big record deal all we want to do is play ,we have had a ton of experience in the music this point of our careers we are very fortunate to be alive and still playing the instruments we all love i was born to play bass so thats were i am really happy.