Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Playing in my Teachers Band

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by God_of_bass, Aug 20, 2002.

1. MY guitar teacher asked me to play bass in his original band, with studio work in sept/october and showcase gigs. I thought it was cool and now i have to pick out 5 songs. Im very nervous about about playing with the other guys who are way way older......**** what if i cant pick the tunes out.....ah.
    Suppose i can only learn.

2. Wow, that's an amazing oppurtunity and hope you have a good time, don't worry about the age there was a thread a bit like this 2 week's ago with many people saying how they are in your situation and they really enjoy it. Picking out 5 song's that seem's a bit weird to ask of you seeing as your new to the band. Go with the stuff you like to play and make sure they are song's that would be warmly accpeted by the audience. Good luck!!

3. No i have to pick out by ear 5 demoed songs..its his band...im kinda playin session, without the talent and experience.
    I love being a bass player.

4. Yeh bass is the best instrument ever made, excpet the banjo!!