1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Playing lead guitar and singing

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by HighwayStar, Apr 25, 2010.

1. HighwayStar

HighwayStar

Jul 8, 2008
    Toronto
    Hey guys, my lead singer is one of those people with the attention span of a four year old so he's pursuing other projects. I've always wanted to sing so my drummer and I agreed for me to take his place.

My question is should I worry about making the songs sound the same as the ones we previously played or should I just let the ideas flow?

You can check us out and give me an opinion at www.myspace.com/themaniceffect

2. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    My lead ( only ) guitarist is also the singer. We had a singer for a month or so that didn't work out and we had to practice a bunch of stuff all over again to get back to where we were. My point is that after you practice the songs with the band you have, you'll figure out the best way to arrange them. Practice them that way and stick to it.