1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Playing Mp3's & Bass through headphones @ the same time

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by samcrabtree00, Oct 3, 2010.

1. samcrabtree00

samcrabtree00

Oct 3, 2010
    Hi Guys,

Im new to the forum and any help would be much appreciated.

Basically I purchased my new Sony MDR7506's today and Id like to play/hear Mp3's from my PC and have them connected to my amp at the same time. Thus, playing along to music and hear my bass through my headphones.

Hope this makes sense
    Sam

2. Korg Pandora or Tascam bass trainer

3. jkramer5

jkramer5

Jul 14, 2008
    Fairfield, CA
    Bass/DI of choice/$40 Buck Mixer Line out of computer to same $40 buck mixer... Headphones into mixer,

Enjoy

4. Jayhawk

Jayhawk

Sep 6, 2006
    Kansas City
    +1

5. I use a boss multi effects pedal. works wonderfully. :)
    But if you have a mac you can use garageband and itunes together. its a little difficult to explain but its possible.

6. dlb1001

dlb1001

Jan 30, 2007
    I bought a Lexicon audio interface, just for this reason:
    http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lexicon-Alpha-USB-Desktop-Recording-Studio?sku=245507
    So, the USB will feed the MP3 into the interface then I just plug in my bass into the input of the interface then, finally, plug in the headphones to monitor the output.
    I guess you could feed the output from the interface into the amp then plug in the headphones into the headphone jack of the amp, if you have one. I just haven't tried it.
    Pandora works, too...but don't forget to turn off the Pandora, before hooking/unhooking the cables. I just killed mine, recently, when I popped off the USB cable, without shutting down the Pandora first.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021