Playing on Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by fastplant, Feb 10, 2003.

1. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Anyone else have a show on VDay? I'm playing in Norwalk, CT on the 14th, the wife is NOT happy.
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I have one in Randolph, NY. My girlfriend doesn't mind because she has to work too. Plus I choose to not celebrate valentines day, and she doesn't mind too much.
  3. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Your girl needs to talk to my wife, haha. I don't mind playing, I'd rather not, but I will play, but she's all upset. Oh well.
  4. don't have a g.f to worry about :D :D
  5. don't have a g.f to worry about :( :(
  6. Yes, I'm at it on the 14th. too, but I have a sweety I meet when ever were playin' this town.
  7. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    We didn't have a gig booked on the 14th but my wife was at our gig about 4 weeks ago. The club owner came up to her and asked if we were available on the 14th. So I guess she booked the band for me on valentines day and yes she will be coming along with that night. :D :bassist:
  8. lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Yup, got a gig on Friday. Kind of lame cause we're not expecting anyone to show, but... a gig's a gig, right? :rolleyes:

Rock on.
  9. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Once I recorded at a studio where the engineer told us his band played on his *wedding* night! And he got into a fight w/ a drunken audience member!!!

I'm sure she was reconsidering her decision . . .
    but he's a karate dude so he won the fight.
  10. SuperBassX926

Nov 25, 2002
    i got a gig 2. my band Veiwer Descretion is playing before my dance. after that we're goin to the dance to see how many girls we kiss before we get slapped.:bassist: :bassist: :bassist: