Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Playing on Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by fastplant, Feb 10, 2003.

1. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Anyone else have a show on VDay? I'm playing in Norwalk, CT on the 14th, the wife is NOT happy.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I have one in Randolph, NY. My girlfriend doesn't mind because she has to work too. Plus I choose to not celebrate valentines day, and she doesn't mind too much.

3. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Your girl needs to talk to my wife, haha. I don't mind playing, I'd rather not, but I will play, but she's all upset. Oh well.

4. don't have a g.f to worry about :D :D

5. don't have a g.f to worry about :( :(

6. Yes, I'm at it on the 14th. too, but I have a sweety I meet when ever were playin' this town.

7. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    We didn't have a gig booked on the 14th but my wife was at our gig about 4 weeks ago. The club owner came up to her and asked if we were available on the 14th. So I guess she booked the band for me on valentines day and yes she will be coming along with that night. :D :bassist:

8. lildrgn

lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Yup, got a gig on Friday. Kind of lame cause we're not expecting anyone to show, but... a gig's a gig, right? :rolleyes:

Rock on.

9. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Once I recorded at a studio where the engineer told us his band played on his *wedding* night! And he got into a fight w/ a drunken audience member!!!

I'm sure she was reconsidering her decision . . .
    but he's a karate dude so he won the fight.

10. SuperBassX926

SuperBassX926

Nov 25, 2002
    USA,NJ,LH
    i got a gig 2. my band Veiwer Descretion is playing before my dance. after that we're goin to the dance to see how many girls we kiss before we get slapped.:bassist: :bassist: :bassist: