Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Playing Solo/Bass That Is!

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Kurtmon, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Kurtmon

Kurtmon

Dec 1, 2005
    Hello,I was wandering if there are any suggestions on the best way to play solo, ie...Rockman,Drum Machine,PC Software,etc. Thanks in advance. Kurtis

2. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida

I don't quite understand what you mean? Play solo live? Or Play solo just for jamming at home and practicing?
    I find the best way is to put in a good cd and play along to the cd. You can also buy software that will eliminate certain tracks. A Drummer friend has one and he takes the drums out and plays the cd and drums to the music.

3. Kurtmon

Kurtmon

Dec 1, 2005
    For Practice,is what I meant.Thanks for the tip.

4. I just turn on my drum machine and improv away! I switch up the speed and style every once in a while.

5. Aerospace guy, doy ou know the names of those programs that eliminate some tracks?

6. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    They're kinda expensive, but I have a Pandora by Korg Tone Works. It's Bass Personal Multi Effects Processor. You plug in your bass and a set of head phones and you can pretty much program a whole band to play along with. It even gives you your choice of amps and cabs it can simulate. I still haven't figured out what all it can do. It's not cheap though.

7. Kurtmon

Kurtmon

Dec 1, 2005
    I've been searching the net, I found a program called Bass Magic, sounds promising, a little spendy at 190.00 but seems worthy.

8. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    try Tascam CDBT1 is not bad for the price($149.99)
    it's like a practice amp with cd player in one(no speakers)
    comes with effects and a tuner programmed on it...
    you just need good headphone set....