Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Playing the Moore Theater

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by vanselus, May 25, 2004.

1. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    My band [www.ianmcferon.com] opened for Jars of Clay at The Moore theater last thursday night... here's pics:

www.vanselus.com/ianmcferon/

No, we're not a Christian band. It was a benefit for Operation Smile. What a great time, and a sweet theater!!

2. So? I bet you've never played the Lesss Theater.

3. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Wouldn't that be the Leess Theater?

4. No, I've never played at the Leess Theater.

5. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    I'm so confused. :eyebrow:

6. Is that the Moore Theater in Seattle?

7. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    That's the one.

8. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Dude! You're Ian's bassist huh? I play in Ian's friend Theron's band 50 Grit. We talked a bit at the Consolidated Works thing.

That New Music Throwdown seems to have jump started you guys a bit! Congrats! :hyper:

Cheers,
    Chris

9. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Hey man, I didn't know you were a talkbasser! It was good talking to you at the Beehive - and we gotta get together on a gig soon, whether it's us opening for you or vice versa.

The New Music Throwdown helped a TON, and 103.7 KMTT also made us their "new artist of the month" for April. They've been pumping us like crazy, getting us the gig at the Moore to open for Jars, and now a huge gig in Golden Gardens Park 6/12, and the Fremont Fair Sat 6/19 at 3pm. Hope you see you there, and talk again soon.

Say hi to Theron for me too, and hope 50 grit is prospering as well.

ps. you can see where we're playing next at www.ianmcferon.com or www.vanselus.com, or just shoot me an email

10. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Cool... Those sound like fantastic gigs... You guys deserve it. Ian is a fantastic songwriter.

We are actually doing really well... Just in time for two months off as Theron goes to Morrocco! :p

Our last gig 'til August is tomorrow night (thursday the 27th) at the Sunset. We go on around 11:30 after the Small Change.

We are looking forward to it as it is our first gig at the Sunset, and we love that place Oh So Much!

You should come on down...

What is the deal with the Golden Gardens show? Is it a ticketed event, or a big community concert thing?

Cheers,
    Chris

:bassist:

11. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Here's the site with the details:

http://www.dayinthepark.org/celebration/

Should be a fun time, and yet another benefit.

We have a gig Thurs night too at UW in McCarty for a special party, but I would have liked to check you guys out! Next time, when Theron is back.

Hope to see you at the Gardens!

12. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Cool! Thanks!

Chris

13. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Hee! Cool... I can identify because I recently played an opener (w/Cory Morrow and Asleep at the Wheel) and we got the whole nine yards... backstage room, food, beer & soda. My wife snapped pix of *everything* - the sign on the backstage room door, the ice chests, yada yada. Looks like a cool place and a great gig for you, Todd. :cool:

If by chance any of you Seattle area types ever cross paths with the folks at Electrokitty studios, say hi to my old bud Gary! :)

14. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Wow, that's cool - i'd love to open for Asleep at the Wheel, they were the first country band that made me realize - Hey, people can make country interesting! :bag:

It was a great gig - thanks for checking out the pics.