Playing through a laptop into head phones...

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Square, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Square

Square

Apr 9, 2012
    Fresno
    I'm not sure this is possible but I would like to be able to play my music (MP3) using Audacity on my laptop and at the same time play the bass by connecting it to the same laptop. I want to listen to the whole affair through my headphones. All this so I can learn new songs in relative silence as far as the rest of the house is concerned.

So my questions:

Is it possible?

How do I do it?

2. Lee H

Lee H

Nov 30, 2011
    Redding CA
    I plug my laptop into the "jam along" port of a cheap digitech BP200 (bought for $65). My headphones are plugged into the processor. It works great, for me

3. FooHead

FooHead

Jan 27, 2005
    Western Canada
    I use AmpegSVX and a cheap edirol usb audio capture thingy. I plug my headphone right into the edirol.

4. I have a VOX bass headphone amp (about $50), and a I use a male to male connector with one end of the headphone jack of the laptop and the other into the input side of the headphone amp.

The headphone amp works great, I can plug a metronome in it, laptop, ipod, etc. And with stuff like an ipod I can jam silently basically anywhere.

5. Square

Square

Apr 9, 2012
    Fresno
    This sounds like a good cheap solution. Thnx