Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Playing through a Walter Wood

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jerry J, Mar 2, 2002.

1. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Hey I got to play through a Walter Wood head last night at a jam. It was really very nice. And it was so tiny. Great tone.;)

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Soooaaahhhh, Jerry ... do you own it yet?

BTW, I'm sitting in at a wedding today ... we're going to do Mustang Sally, and many more. Our sound man's daughter is getting married, and his bands (the Hawaiian band and the Oldies Band) are playing on a boat out in the bay. He's going to be handling the Father-of -the-Bride chores while I stumble through his set lists. I even learned the Andy Williams version of The Hawaiian Wedding song. Yeee HAW!

3. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    :D I was trying to figure out just how to afford one and a new Sadowsky like Jeff's spalted maple top. :eek:

That little amp, with everything set flat just filled the place with great tone. I asked the amp owner about the lead time to get one from Walter and he said it took him 3 months. I told him that I remembered reading that it was running more like 8 months now.

I'm still real happy with the WT-800 and the Navigator/PLX and the Alembic/Demeter/PLX.

So you are in the wedding band, huh? Better sharpen up your Disco licks. :)

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, I've been working on poppin' those octaves.

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hehe,

along with those Brothers Johnson covers.

awwwww yea...

6. SlimT

SlimT

Feb 27, 2002
    Eden Prairie, MN
    What's the power rating on the Walter Woods?

I just heard Acoustic Image is coming out with a beefed up version of the Clarus (600 watts at 4 ohms and 350 watts at 8 ohms). Has anyone played through both?

7. extreme

extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    SlimT,

Where'd you hear about the new AI amp? Does it go down to 2 ohms? Same physical size? Price? How long before it will be available? Thanks...

8. SlimT

SlimT

Feb 27, 2002
    Eden Prairie, MN
    extreme:

I heard about it from an AI dealer that's on another discussion board.

Availability is yet to be announced. The new model will not support loads of 2 ohms.