playing thru 2 amps ? testimonials

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shirtforbrains, Oct 2, 2005.

1. shirtforbrains

Sep 5, 2005
    I tryed it the other day with a/b box. M2000 boogie/ marshall 400 watt integrated. Sounded cool. Wonder if there are any cons for doing this. And when I go direct where should it be off the head or inline.

Im sure somebody has some advice with this,
    post on
    Love this board...........

later, Brian
  2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I use one amp for OD/dist and another for other effects.

Sometimes I run series with all my effects in one long chain.

Running two amps gives you lots of routing options.
  3. On a couple of outdoor gigs this summer, I plugged into an Ampeg 2x10 combo(for stage volume), out it's preamp out into a Hartke Kickback(monitor). Instant ghetto surround sound.
  4. CetiAlphaVI

May 27, 2005
    I used a morley A/B (as a splitter not a switcher) and ran clean to Eden with 210&112 and the other signal to a Marshall head into a 112 cab. Ran a little chorus in the effects loop of the Marshall, and switched channels on the Marshall for OD. Didn't lose any low end, since the eden stayed clean.

Both heads have DI's, so board can mix signal to taste.
  5. There was a guy w/a dual-output(magnetic/piezo)Stambaugh bass who ran one out into an effected rig, the other went clean. Between blending in the effected side & using a volume pedal(IIRC), he can fade in effects, get bigger, louder(& I suppose quieter, too :confused: ), etc. My next bass will have a similar output setup.
  6. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've run up to three rigs at once, but usually used a Gallien Krueger head through GK 410 and 115's through my pedalboard with my Dimarzio Model P, I had a Gibson EBO running clean through my Peavey Mark VI head and a pair of 115's.