playing with a brocken hand

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by warwickben, Jun 2, 2002.

1. i have brocken my right hand so iam really sorry about my plucking hand will be in a cast foor the next few weeks does any one know songs or any thing i can play with just my left hand and maybe my right hand thumb .i cant slap. i can pluck the strings with my right thumb right near the bridge. i wasnt sure were to post this.
  2. dude.. let your hand heal fully before you try working on the bass. Itll be more trouble than its worth.
  3. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I had a minor fracture in my left hand pinky finger 2 weeks ago playing Football (soccer, for you in the USA). Now I can move it like 90% normal with a little pain, I hope (and the doctor say so) that in few weeks I´ll move like 99% normal, so I´m not too worried about playing bass the same way I´m used to. Man, I´ve never been so afraid of something like I was the day I got my finger injured.... just thinking that I´ll never play bass again made me had nigthmares........ not to mention that my band had to cancel two gigs because of this....... but I´ll be fine......

Advice: Never, I said: Never play as a goalkeeper if you depend on your fingers to do what you love the most.
  4. cant any one give me left hand tap things to do .i just want to play my bass .
  5. IronBass

Jan 31, 2002
    Dallas, Texas
    Hey, just pick up some theory books and learn more on music, your hand will heal in time. Keep a course of learning more....
  6. i figure i cant use my right hand for plucking i can use my left to work on left hannd taping.only thing i dont know what to play to do this.