1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Playing with Cracked Radial neck

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by kbakerde, Oct 4, 2013.

1. kbakerde

kbakerde Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Hey guys,
    This is a question for any TBer that happens to have some medical training, or has had a similar injury. Long story short, I crashed my bike this week. I didn't get too badly hurt, no head injury. Just some road rash, and I found out today that I have a fractured radial head in my right elbow (picking elbow). I was told I had to stay off my bicycle, but I forgot to ask what kind of timeframe I could start to play again. Any recommendations? Thanks.

2. BENJAMINJ78

BENJAMINJ78

Apr 20, 2013
    It's going to take about 6 weeks for the fracture to heal. If you can pick in a sling position,it could be do-able to play. The big issue will be the joint swelling up and any displacement of the radial head,depending on the severity of the fracture. Any wrist movement is going to put stress on the elbow. Touch the unaffected elbow and feel how what moves when mimicking your picking technique. I would let it rest and ask the doc during the next follow up if possible.

3. kbakerde

kbakerde Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Thanks, yeah I have an appointment in 3 weeks for an x-ray. Lucky it's a stable fracture. yeah, turning the wrist hurts.