Pleas Bass gods help me out!!! End the pain of not knowing!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The_deefons, Apr 25, 2005.

1. The_deefons

Apr 25, 2005
    I got this bass for Teaching a younger Kid to Play Drums IT is one of the best basses I have played. I can not find any information on it any where. hear is a link to the pic
    Copy and past it in to your browser.

The only thing I can get out of the people that gave me the bass is that it was bought in northern Ontario Canada, It is "a few" years old.

It is a 5 string The only name it has on it is Laredo. Even the Pickups have Laredo on them. It is made of wood but it is VARRY light I do not know what type of wood it could possibly be made out of. I looked on line but I could only find info on the Rickenbacker 4004 Laredo and it is not a Rickenbacker.

Pleas any info or even a point in the right direction. I would Love to get a 2nd one is possible as I said it is one of the best basses I have played.

Bass player for “The Deefons” and “Spyral”
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Like he said in his post, you have to copy it and paste it to your browser.

Looks like a Series 10 bass. I'm sure they're made by Samick or some competitor, so "Laredo" might be the actual brand name.

They're not bad for the price, but there's better stuff in that range.
  3. Looks like an SX SB-301
    That shape has been used a bunch of times by the more generic companies like SX and Samick.
  4. The_deefons

Apr 25, 2005
    It looks close :) At least it is a start. Do they make a 5 string version of it??