Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PLEASE advise on speaker for SWR WM 12

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Zapp, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Zapp

Zapp

Sep 4, 2005
    Gruene Texas
    folks
    love my little SWR WM 12 but just for fun and something different I want to put a replacement speaker in it, and tend to favor one of the Eminence line cause I love the Avatar ext. cab I have.

Anyway... the amp is a vintage somewhere in range of 1990 to 1993 or so.... one of the old ones but I don't think 1st gen.

alll advice gladly received. don't care about the cost as long as the speaker is well-matched to the little cabinet & port
    also don't care about the tweeter. i turned it off in about 1996 or so and never wanted to turn back onnn.

zapp

2. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    i would contact eminence with the cabs demensions, tell them what type of sound, wattage, impedence etc you are looking for and ask for their opinion

http://eminence-contact.myiglou.com/

3. Zapp

Zapp

Sep 4, 2005
    Gruene Texas
    did that but so far no answers.
    also, I was anticipating [am anticipating] that I would get several answers from them, none by players. thus, the question.
    thx
    zapp