Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PLEASE answer this

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by calebplaysbass, Jan 20, 2006.

1. well i've asked on here about different things so this may be a little redundant but i just need to know cause i'm contemplating blowing my cash on the Geddy Lee sig.

Is the Dingwall Super-J or Afterburner worth all that cash? i have such a hard time deciding to buy one cause i just really want to try out the exact bass i'm getting before i buy. now is it really so good that it can be guaranteed to be the best bass ever?

and one other question...does F Bass make a 4?

2. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    As the owner of two Dingwall Afterburner 5-strings (I & II), I can honestly say they are well worth the money. I have ten (good) basses and they are by far the best. I have not seen or played a SuperJ in person, but I have only heard good things about them.

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I think the Afterburner is undervalued for the bass you get.

Do a search and see how many unsatisfied Dingwall customers you find. Also check out the number of used Dingwalls on the market and their resale value...it should give you a pretty good idea of how things stand.

4. As one of 4 owners of SuperJs, i can say...absolutely.
    The bass is what a amazing jazz bass should be.
    Best bass ever-- thats pretty subjective, out of all the basses I've ever played- yes.

As for the Afterburners, Heck yeah. I have one as well, you will NOT find a better sounding B string, nor better sounding passive bass. Period.
    i also think the AB basses are undervalued.

[​IMG]