1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

PLEASE answer this

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by calebplaysbass, Jan 20, 2006.

1. well i've asked on here about different things so this may be a little redundant but i just need to know cause i'm contemplating blowing my cash on the Geddy Lee sig.

Is the Dingwall Super-J or Afterburner worth all that cash? i have such a hard time deciding to buy one cause i just really want to try out the exact bass i'm getting before i buy. now is it really so good that it can be guaranteed to be the best bass ever?

and one other question...does F Bass make a 4?

2. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    As the owner of two Dingwall Afterburner 5-strings (I & II), I can honestly say they are well worth the money. I have ten (good) basses and they are by far the best. I have not seen or played a SuperJ in person, but I have only heard good things about them.

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I think the Afterburner is undervalued for the bass you get.

Do a search and see how many unsatisfied Dingwall customers you find. Also check out the number of used Dingwalls on the market and their resale value...it should give you a pretty good idea of how things stand.

4. As one of 4 owners of SuperJs, i can say...absolutely.
    The bass is what a amazing jazz bass should be.
    Best bass ever-- thats pretty subjective, out of all the basses I've ever played- yes.

As for the Afterburners, Heck yeah. I have one as well, you will NOT find a better sounding B string, nor better sounding passive bass. Period.
    i also think the AB basses are undervalued.

[​IMG]