Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Please be temporary

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Nuttboy311, Jan 30, 2003.

1. I hope to god that the changes to the front page on Talkbass will have the most recent threads put back up, that is the only thing that keeps me busy when I am bored. I constantly reload the frontpage to see the new threads.

2. I hope so too, i hate going to the new since last login thingy, it gets me all confused.

I liked it when they had the box, not the moving one, just the static box.

Bassis

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    :confused: What's so confusing about "New Since Last Login"? The box on the front didn't update very often, and the "New Since Last Login" offers more threads, and updates when you hit the refresh button. What's the problem?

4. odie

odie Supporting Member

There is a very little used area that Paul the site owner has. He will take suggestions there.

Moving on up!!:D

5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Yeah, it's been like this for a while. Some people already made a thread whining and crying and moanong about it. Paul said that the coding written for the fromtpage was very inefficent, so he would try to re-write it.

I like it better now. It has the "mission statement" which is cool.

How can it be too confusing to hit "new since last login", where everything is put in a nice column, and is in chronological order? It is un-confusing as possible.

Some people actually said they would stop coming to talkbass if they didn't get the thing on the front page back:rolleyes: so sad.

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Well see. i would do as some would do, while surfing, i would load the front page, see if anything of interest was there, and post, or move on. now i have to go click on "New in past 24 hours".... ive gotten used to it,,,just don't like it....