Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Please check out my bass recordings!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by SlavaF, Mar 5, 2004.

1. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Now that my website is up and running, I took the liberty of uploading my bass recordings onto it... which is a lot by now! So can you please listen to a few of them and tell me your opinions and feedback?

I did this all on my Ibanez BTB405QM, occasionally through a Boss ODB-3 and CEB-3. I multi-tracked most songs, and the "guitar" solos... are just bass with the ODB-3 on and the treble cranked. As you can tell, I'm into making actual songs, not just soulless wankfests. As well, I really like guitar solos! :D

So please check the songs out at www.cartoonsafari.com/slava/media.htm - my personal web site. Cartoon Safari is the name of my band, and we'll have sound clips up shortly!

My personal favorites are: Jet Stream, Butterflies, Inner Circle and Black Mountains. And yes, "Blackened" is indeed a crappy cover of the Metallica song!

Thanks in advance! :bassist:

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    It's all very quiet...my speakers are up 100% and I can barely hear a lot of it.

I think you have a lot of good ideas, but that seems like all they are...just ideas...you need to get your band together, I can hear some kicking songs here, but they are not quite there yet.

I don't have time to listen to them all, but of what I heard, I dug some, some I didn't like that much, either way, there were some neat ideas, and some good use of effects there. I think it's a little bit much to be selling this stuff, as many of the recordings were of pretty shoddy quality with clipping and such, not too mention a handful of playing errors, timing and such...also, I could just as easily download all the songs to my disk if I wanted :meh:

3. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Would you consider submitting any to the TB Sampler?
    Check Pauls Shacks for instructions ...

Thor

4. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Thanks for the feedback! I know I have a long way to go (I've been playing for about 2 years) and I'm not very knowledgeable with Cakewalk.

WR: I do have a band, just we do completely different stuff. I guess we can be called a rock band, but I record my ideas that my band couldn't use. Pretty much all of it is improvised, so I see where you're coming from. Improvising is so much more fun than a set song, but I'll need to work on it. Unfortunately, in my quest to make them loud enough to be audible, they started clipping. I fixed some of it by now though.

Thor: I would definitely like to, but at the moment it's for supporting members only, and I have no money to become one, as much as I'd like to... :meh:

5. MMSterling

MMSterling Guest

Feb 19, 2004
    Leicester, England
    Some good stuff you got there!

Andy

6. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    I might submit "Jet Stream" into the TB sampler CD, once I find a fax machine to get that form in. Hopefully I'll become a supporting member soon...

7. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

We'd love to have it.

You can mail the form for 37 cents and it will be there next week, no biggie. Don't let that hold you up, go submit it on the submission thread, and I can PM you the info!

Thor