Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Please check out our new demo!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by hujo, Aug 27, 2001.

1. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hey people! We just got all the mixing ready a couple of days ago, and we've put some of the songs up on our web-page. I'd be sooo glad if you would listen to it, and tell me what you think! I play bass on two of the songs, and i wrote one of them. It's basically swedish folkmusic, but with a slighty modern attitude, but still pretty traditional. Or maybe not, I have no idea, I just play! We're quite proud, anyway.

The address is:

http://as2-4-3.um.bonet.se/ffa/mp3/demo/

Thanks!

2. I'm listening to "Prozac-polskan" right now, very interesting! The intro is very cool. Keep up the good work! :)

3. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thank you! That intro started as a joke, after getting tired about my bandmembers complaining about me being to busy (can you imagine? ;) ) - so I threw in that funk-cliche, just to tease them. They liked it though... *shrug*

4. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Come on, I know you want to hear it! Give it a try!

5. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I´m listening to Prozac-polskan, it´s cool! I had no idea that Swedish folk music could be cool..But that´s maybe because I haven´t heard anything..

6. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yeah, well, that's kind of typical.. Most people hear the words folkmusic, and think: "Argh, a bunch of geezers in silly costumes playing at the midsummer pole", and stuff like that. There are - atleast in Sweden - tons of groups like us, and much more untraditional. Prozacpolskan - which seems to be a favorite - (thanks for the replys by the way!) is pretty different though, I guess. We've got more like it, coming!

7. I enjoyed listening to your stuff. Different (for some of us) but music, nevertheless. I was also mystified by your dog, Ebba, who seems to have some amazing talents ("is great at the bass and is able to grow a full beard") :) .

X

8. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Haha, that's her in a nutshell! I guess you saw the site of the other band too...

When you say "different, but still music"... Eh, thank you, I guess... hmmmm...:D

9. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    And BTW Xavier, I really dig the stuff you keep in your signature... When are you going to let us hear a bass-solo like the guitar one in FreeJam?

10. You're welcome. And yes, it was a complement. You should be proud of your music.

Glad you like my sig stuff. Solo? Yikes! Maybe when the right tune comes along.

11. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Bah! :D If I can throw in a bass-solo in that ballad we have on the Psyduck page, I'm sure you can pull it off!

12. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    shameless bumb.

13. Good job! Sounds really good. I'm not at all familiar with that style of music but I like the way it sounds. Thanks for sharing.

14. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thank you. Geez, y'all are making me blush. hihih