1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Please comment on this mix!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bradass, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Bradass

Bradass

Oct 17, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL
  2. biggest issue is the kick drum seems to be completely missing.

guitars and vocals sound rather nice, considering its a home recording they sound excellent.

bass could use a bit more "oomph"

what kind of cymbals is your drummer using? i don't think they sound good at all. the sound of the toms and snare is also great, especially for a home recording.

with the kick drum fixed, i'd say this is a pretty decent mix!

nice job,

t

3. Bradass

Bradass

Oct 17, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL
    All Zildjian cymbals, rather...worn in though. I think the hi hat sounds really tinny but I'm fairly certain that can be fixed.

Agreed that the kick is pretty much nonexistent and that the bass needs to come up a good bit. I'm going to mess with that some tonight and see if I can find something more to my liking.

Thanks for the other kind words - we're using a Univ Audio LA610 mkII compressor that I think makes all the vocals sound pretty sweet. It's a great unit.

Anybody else???

4. Bradass

Bradass

Oct 17, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL
    Fixed what we could and will probably be going with something close to this:

Looking into some drum replacement software for just the kick, but we'll see how that goes.

5. t77mackie

t77mackie

Jun 13, 2012
    Wormtown, MA
    Sounds pretty close to my ear. Doesn't sound modern - i.e. the drums sound like a kit i.i.e. it sounds pretty good.

How's it sound in the car?

But yeah, just keep recording and learning.

6. still no kick in the new mix raise the vocals pull the 2k out of the cymbals raise the bass. the guitar and vocals are completely competing. cool tune

7. topo morto

topo morto

Mar 22, 2010
    Lloegyr
    Sounds good on the laptop.