Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Please Critique my new Song!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Palomorado, May 12, 2005.

1. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
    it sounds pretty good

2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Excellent tune, far better then much of the stuff posed here. A few quick suggestions #1 Singer needs to ennunciate the lyrics better, people need to be able to get a line of vocals in there head. #2 Try to leave some more space durring the quiter parts with the bass, and maybe play more counter point in your lines, when the guitar goes down you might go up instead of mirroring his picked bass lines. If you were to come in for instance in the middle of a verse, people would miss the bass and you could create more tension, I loved your playing durring the heavier parts, tasty. All in All the muscianship was high quality and the song was moving emotionally and harmonicly, just a few Ideas, my takes, not necesscarily the gospel.

3. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Staff Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    I liked it, nice and moody... My thoughts right after listening was that the singer was undermixed a little and being drowned out in some places by the guitar. I can see burk's ennunciation point as well, but it didn't really bother me. No massive episoides of guitar "noodling"... a big plus!