1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please critique the heck out of this website.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MirageBass, Apr 9, 2010.

1. I recently help set up a website for a friend of mine who's trying to become a professional session drummer. I wanna know what you guys think of it.

Effort was put into making it navigable, XHTML compliant, snappy, and search engine optimized. We're putting in a schedule page on Monday. (I didn't code or design it, though. Just kind of produced it.)

What do you guys think, and what would you change or suggest?

www.kevinkatich.com

2. JoZac21

JoZac21

Nov 30, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    The site looks pretty solid...

Except, I personally find it hard to see the words "Ethnic Percussionist" on the same page as a pasty redhead... maybe its just me, but maybe "World Percussionist" would seem less... hmmm... pasty white dude?

3. We went with Ethnic Percussionist since he's getting a degree in Ethnopercussion.

Either way, it's on 500 business cards now. :/ (To be fair, they only cost $10)

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Hey, Scots-Irish is an ethnicity! :p It doesn't matter what's on the business cards, they will run out soon enough if he's busy promoting himself. I agree that "world" is a better word for him than "ethnic". I also think just plain "percussionist" is adequate, because a session percussionist is generally expected to be able to play congas, frame drums, dumbeks, etc. The fact that he's getting a degree in "ethnopercussion" means to me that when he actually gets the degree, that's what it should say as a following line of information:

Kevin Katich
    Drummer and Percussionist
    BA in Ethnopercussion

The site looks quite solid and easy-to-use otherwise, good work. The only minor criticism I'd have is that the non-gallery pages are kind of dull, they could use a little "zazz" in there. A little splash of bright color or asymmetrical stripes, something like that.