Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Please Crititique my playing !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FatFunker, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Ok guys please check our site out and let me know what you think. I have thick skin so be honest.

Listen to any song or all of them if you want, but I would recomend "Funkin' around" from SAMS

www.trypticsoy.com

Thanks for any input:D :D

2. wow guys is it that bad?:( :bawl:

3. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Very good. I will say the Funkin Around delivers what it promises. Some funky music.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I'm on the work PC=no audio. I'll critque later. Cool site so far though!

5. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Wow, that's good stuff!

Just listening to "Funkin' Around".

You and the drummer got somethin' funky going on there. In fact, all of you. That's real impressive!

I don't know if I can criticise your playing in it! Tis better than I could do!

6. Grygore

Grygore

Oct 25, 2002
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Sweet! I dig yer band :D Need more like you out here where I live...

Nice website too!

7. RAIHL

RAIHL Guest

Jul 18, 2001
    Tucson, AZ
    Very good, I like the sound you have in Funkin Around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    I really like it, very funky. Nice site as well.

9. WOW Thanks for all the comps. After hearing some of your skills I thought I would get ripped apart

The coolest thing about our drummer is he's also the singer:eek:

We know that we will never be famous, we just like to have fun up there thats why our songs never sound the same, were just making stuff up half the time, entertaining ourselfs, and I think it comes across in are live gigs And people seem to like it.

:meh:

10. What are you trying to pull?? You're not even fat!

Your playing kicked butt though.

11. RobOtto

RobOtto

Aug 15, 2002
    Denton, TX
    Nice sound. What did you guys use to record? Did you plug something directly into the PA?

Nice groove on the bass.

12. I usualy just play through the board I have a ampeg b2r and a pro bass pod we have a Sr32 board (I think, Im not the sound guy) also qsc speakers and subs. it turns out good except for live shows, we have alot of crowd participation and in the copy you don't hear them that well so we sound like a buch of asses on the cd. But for the Sams gig, they rented a PA and our sound guy some how pluged into that. There were about 3 thousand people there and from the recording it sounds like we were playing in front of a group monks:(

Oh well it's all for fun anyways:D

13. How can you get picked apart for that, your good.

14. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Good stuff! I'd buy a ticket to your show in a heartbeat.

Pkr2

15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    great stuff - cool, thanks for sharing. :cool:

16. bdeaux

bdeaux Bass, the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Salt Lake City based
    Branden Campbell
    IS the bass on the recording that same Fender as in your pictures?

17. Yeah it's a 62 jazz, But I have a feeling I'm going to have to put a bullet behind it's ear pretty soon (or at least put it behind glass) It just seems like its sounding very flat lately and it's all original except the strings;) so I don't want to go making any changes to it. Im thinking about a modulus flea bass, it seems to fit my style I just have to get used to not putting my thumb on the bridge pickup. That one pickup and its placement seems very odd to my now. but I think I can adapt.:bassist:

18. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    hey man. Great Chops, I dig your singer/drummer also. This is some good funk.. I digs... :D :D :bassist: <--first time i've used that

19. bdeaux

bdeaux Bass, the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Salt Lake City based
    Branden Campbell
    After being a Fender user for years I just added a Flea 5 to my arsenal. I am loving it. The neck is tapered well and plays fast. Overall the feel is great. My low-B string works as a great anchor for my thumb too. My cousin has the 4 string version which is very J-bass friendly.