Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PLEASE, DESCRIBE NEMESIS COMBO SOUND

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fretless72, Dec 13, 2004.

1. fretless72

fretless72

Mar 30, 2004
    Please, I need your help.

I like the warm of the Ashdown (pre valve), I can't hear the Nemesis know, but i like so much his portabilty and price, do you know if his sound is warm? I want to say that i don't like sounds like SWR or EBS, what kind of sound the Nemesis has??

Thanks a lot.

2. It is very warm and full. I love the sound of nemises. It is probably one of the most warm non-valve combos out there.

3. fretless72

fretless72

Mar 30, 2004
    Ok, thanks, I'm trying to get a idea of the Nemesis, all I hear is good, but I have not hear the amp yet!!.(it's difficult in Spain).

Bye.

4. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Bass Player did a review in a shootout of 1-12 and 1-15 combos a couple of years ago. The Nemesis came out very well. I bought mine without trying it out as they werent available where I was living at the time. I was very very pleased with it. Just a great combination of features I was looking for (price, weight, sound, eq, DI out, paramteric, compressore, etc).

5. I think they move a lot of air in the boo-tay department, especially the newer ones.

I also dig the looks.

But they sound tubish and warm to my ears with just the right amount highs to give good articulation w/o having too much upper midrange coloration like most comos. If it is coloration, however, I dig it.

http://www.eden-electronics.com/nemesis/indiv/nc810.asp

I have not heard this one. but have heard the 210- and 115.