Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fretless72, Dec 13, 2004.

1. fretless72

Mar 30, 2004
    Please, I need your help.

I like the warm of the Ashdown (pre valve), I can't hear the Nemesis know, but i like so much his portabilty and price, do you know if his sound is warm? I want to say that i don't like sounds like SWR or EBS, what kind of sound the Nemesis has??

Thanks a lot.
  2. It is very warm and full. I love the sound of nemises. It is probably one of the most warm non-valve combos out there.
  3. fretless72

Mar 30, 2004
    Ok, thanks, I'm trying to get a idea of the Nemesis, all I hear is good, but I have not hear the amp yet!!.(it's difficult in Spain).

4. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Bass Player did a review in a shootout of 1-12 and 1-15 combos a couple of years ago. The Nemesis came out very well. I bought mine without trying it out as they werent available where I was living at the time. I was very very pleased with it. Just a great combination of features I was looking for (price, weight, sound, eq, DI out, paramteric, compressore, etc).
  5. I think they move a lot of air in the boo-tay department, especially the newer ones.

I also dig the looks.

But they sound tubish and warm to my ears with just the right amount highs to give good articulation w/o having too much upper midrange coloration like most comos. If it is coloration, however, I dig it.

I have not heard this one. but have heard the 210- and 115.